Sunset at Prien Lake Park

Sunset at Prien Lake Park

Friday, March 13, 2009

Kangaroo Crew Transport

We'd had high hopes that Eric would improve overnight, but he seems to have deteriorated. He's not oxygenating as well. He has a fever. We tried to wean him off the nitric oxide and did make significant headway, but we had to up the FiO2 (fraction of inspired oxygen from the vent) to compensate. He's at .85 FiO2, still PSV 35, CPAP 10. Yesterday, we'd brought up the possibility of merely consulting the Kangaroo Crew transport team out of Texas Children's Hospital. Just to see what they thought. Just to have as much information as we could to be sure we're doing everything we can. Going to Houston isn't our first choice. Naturally, we'd prefer Eric get better right here in Lake Charles. But we'll do whatever is best for Eric. Today, that's looking more and more like going to Houston.

So . . . prayers for wisdom, safety, peace, continued healing. This is definitely the scariest time yet.

4 comments:

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

I almost died in the hospital a long time ago. I had last rites and everything. Then I prayed. For the first time in my life I actually felt the prayers of others. That was the miracle. I felt others praying for me. So I know first hand what prayers CAN do and what God WILL do. Never doubted for a minute Eric's recovery. Prayerfully yours...Texas mom Debra Johnson

Winona said...

Angie--You and Bob must be frantic. TCH is a great place. I have thought about them previously. Houston isn't too far, but the miles will seem like millions. Can you send me your cell phone if you go to Houston? We're still going every couple of weeks for Ron's treatments. How is Andrew?

Nona

Jon said...

Angie,

We are praying hard and holding tightly onto hope for you.

You do whatever you believe is right and best for Eric. If that means moving him, then so be it. If that means staying put, then so be it. But don't do it because of pressure (perceived or real) to choose one over the other. After you pray about it, if you feel God answer, go with it. If you don't (and sometimes we don't hear it or feel it) then take a step back, a deep breath and, with Bob, make a decision. Maybe outside or in the chapel, if there is one there. Getting away from the room for just a minute might lessen the weight just a fraction for just a second and allow you to think and feel what is right. I am praying for you.

jess said...

Angie, I'm praying God answers you clearly and that there's no doubt what you should do. Let me know how I can help you, or your mom and Andrew.