kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

I vacillated about going to church this morning. At first I thought I'd want to. Then I thought I wouldn't. I worried that it would all be too emotional for me. I've got so many emotions right below the surface, I thought I'd just walk in the doors and start crying. And of course it depended on how Eric was doing this morning. But he had a good night, so I decided Mom, Andrew, and I would go to church. I decided I needed to see the Easter lilies, smell the hyacinths, sing Allelulias, hear the choir and blare of the brass, and listen once again to the resurrection story, new life. We went to Christ Church Presbyterian, a local church that has "adopted" us, so to speak. The pastor and several members have visited and more have offered to come sit with Eric. Anyway, we arrived late . . . I thought the service started at 10:30, but it was 10:15, and we slipped unnoticed into a rear pew. No one knew we were there, yet at prayer time, they prayed for Eric.

It poured rain earlier today, but now the sun is shining. It's a beautiful day. Wishing you all a blessed Easter.

Do Easter photos get any cuter than this? Here's my very photogenic niece and nephew, Alex and Emmitt, from Pittsburgh. I miss them, and all my nieces, so much.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture. Probably the only thing that could make it better is if Eric were the bunny. I'm glad you got to go to church. It is so comforting to sit and commune with God. I'm glad the day is bright now. Your early rain has passed us by and is at least in Baton Rouge or farther by now. Have a great evening. Prayers that Eric has a very restful night.

Love, bev

Common Household Mom said...

Happy Easter! I'm glad you were able to go to worship. We prayed for Eric at our worship service too, including profound thanks to God for the progress Eric has made. We'll keep praying, of course.
- Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Angie, I'm so glad you made it to ChristChurch this morning and so sorry I didn't get to meet you. You, your family and especially Eric are in my prayers. Hope to meet you and Eric very soon. Blessing, Aileen.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!! I'm so glad you got to go to church today, I know it had to make you feel good when they prayed for Eric. It's wonderful that your mom and Andrew are able to be in Houston - family time is so important and special. Your niece and nephew are precious! Have a good night, we're praying for you.

Susan