kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Deja Vu


I had a deja vu moment this afternoon. I recalled when the boys were just newborns. Bob had taken a week off work after they came home from the hospital. And on the morning he had to go back to work, he kissed me goodbye, then he tiptoed into the nursery and said goodbye to his sleeping sons. I laid in bed and bawled (post-partum women are so emotional anyway), thinking how hard it must have been for Bob to leave them. I had those same emotions today, when Bob said goodbye to Eric, still his baby, before heading to Lake Charles to start back to work tomorrow. Yes, I cried. Please pray for Bob. This time, being away from Eric, is going to be incredibly difficult for him. The photo above was taken last December on Bob's birthday.

And please continue to pray for Eric. He's having a better day today, compared to yesterday anyway. But PT was really tough for him this morning. (He only gets PT once on weekend days) I guess we all have days when we feel stronger and others when we're just not quite as energetic. Specifically, he needs prayers for better sleep, less shortness of breath, and weight gain.

Thanks for checking in!

6 comments:

jess said...

Angie, I know I can't be the only one with a huge lump in the throat. You continously bring me to tears. We'll pray for Bob. I know it'll be hard on you both being apart but God is holding His precious Dilmore family in the palm of His hand. He's watching over all of you. Much love and prayers.

Vicki Loucks said...

"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called you by name, you are mine. When you are in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you are in rough waters, you will NOT go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end. Because I am God, your personal God. The Holy One of Israel, Your Savior...I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you" Isahiah 43: 2-4 (The Message)

Hi Angie, Just read that today and thougth of you. I'll be praying extra hard this week for you and Bob, and of course for Eric.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Angie,

I know this is going to be hard for all of you. I'm praying for ya'll and if you need to talk, call me anytime. Hang in there!!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Having Eric well enough for Bob to go back to work stirs mixed emotions. You are glad Eric is well enough for Bob to return to work, but sad to lose your rock during all of the trials you've been through. I know God is with all of you and you are definitely in my prayers. Eric is amazing in his efforts to get well. The Wed. gang definitely has you in our prayers.

Love, bev

Anonymous said...

Angie
Every day is a day closer to the day your family is all together again.Love the photos!
prayers continue for comfort and strength for you all. And for sleep, rest, energy, and encouragement.
It will be hard for Bob to be away from Eric, but at least Bob and Andrew will be good company for each other.
with love, and prayers for restful slumber and easy breathing
Anne

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Eric is well enough for Bob to be able to leave to go back to work and sad that it leaves you without him daily. I'm sure it will be quite the adjustment for all of you. Sending you all our love and prayers!

Love,
Renee