kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Friday, May 29, 2009

Sleep Study and Star Trek

Eric's sleep study went well last night, for the most part. As the technician hooked him up to a gazillion wires, he and I both wondered how he'd sleep at all. But he slept about the same as he does here at home; fairly well the first half of the night, then fitful and barely dozing the second half. The tech told me in the morning that he did have periods of REM (deep dream) sleep, which is good, no periods of apnea (stops breathing), and his blood oxygen level was consistently 98-99% on .28 FiO2. He had a (painful) arterial blood gas in the AM to check his PaCO2. Don't know those results yet.

Bob was off today, so he took Eric to PT. After PT and Sonic, Drew and I met them at the mall cimema and saw Star Trek. Not bad but an awful lot of really loud action; not good on a day like today when I have a headache. The boys all seemed to like it.

Post-PT Sonic snack . . . Bacon Breakfast Toaster and a watermelon grape Dr. Pepper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your favorite sonic snack?

Angie said...

I love the java chillers, but rarely get one because we're never there before noon, and I don't do caffeine after 12:00 PM. I also like chocolate malts and grilled chicken wraps. Like Eric, I've been trying all sorts of things on the menu.