kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Settling Back In

Yes, it's great to be home. And now I begin the arduous task of reclaiming my home. Things aren't where they used to be. And there are piles of stuff everywhere, stacks of papers and mail waiting to be sorted, filed, organized, put away, or tossed. I keep asking Bob things like, Where did this come from? Where does this go? What do we do with this? Do we need that? Where is . . . ? And his answer is always the same. "I don't know." Fortunately, I realize I don't have to get it all together immediately. I'll tackle one little corner at a time.

Eric's home care nurse came today. She'll be here every morning on weekdays. Eric had a somewhat tough morning, lots of coughing, secretions, fatigue. But we got through and headed out to PT at 12:30. Eric rallied and had a great session. He said he felt better after the workout. Maybe he finally woke up. During PT, Dr. Ben Thompson took time to drive over and see Eric and say Hi. Watching Eric walk, he said, smiling, "I'm impressed."

We all are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good is good! its nice to see yall back in louisiana and as a classmate of eric's, i hope to see him back soon!

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

just FYI: Eric won't be able to go back to school this year. But we fully expect him to start 9th grade mid-August.

jess said...

I just found your text message from yesterday -- I think it got bumped by an incoming call.

We won't quit praying just because you're home. Beefing up the prayers, in fact.

Eric is amazing, but then he's a Dilmore. I think you're ALL amazing. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen to what Jess said!!!

Mindy Blanchard said...

Congrats! Welcome home. A bit of home with do you all some good!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Eric. Going to PT is a good sign of regaining strength. I know how much better I feel when I exercise. So good to see pictues of you at home yesterday. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you. Angie, let us know when you are settled enough for company.

bev