kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back in Class


Eric's math teacher, Ms. DeFelice, told Eric that today was "chocolate chip pancake day" in math class. She does that periodically. Eric thought that would be a good opportunity to head back to class and see all his math buddies. So he woke up bright and early (actually, he claims he doesn't sleep past 2:00 AM anyway) and we made it to class by 8:00 AM. Math is Eric's favorite class, Ms. DeFelice one of his favorite teachers. In addition to eating pancakes, they played "Set" ( a favorite card game amongst math whizzes) and then attempted to stack cards. Not easy on slick tilted desks. The second photo is Eric and the "calendar girls." Anyone who came into Eric's hospital room during March and April knows what I mean. These kind-hearted industrious friends created giant colorful calendars with quirky, humorous, or poignant quotes on each day. The calendars brightened Eric's room, kept him oriented to the date, and contributed to a lack of productivity for hospital staff at both Lake Charles Memorial and Texas Children's, as they'd stare, read, and laugh.

Does anyone know this dog or who he belongs to?? He spontaneously joined me on a morning walk today and followed me all the way home. He's still sitting on my front porch, hours later. We don't want a dog. Though I do have a soft spot for stray animals. He's really a sweetheart. But if he sticks around and I can't find a home for him, I will take him to the animal shelter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see Eric back into life--so soon! Cute dog, but alas we already have a full house. Keep up the good work. Love from Maryland.

Anonymous said...

I am just so amazed at God's action on Eeric's behalf. I even had a client praying for him -- she will continue to pray and is delighted at his progress. Ann and Lenn Knapp

Anonymous said...

Angie,
How wonderful to see Eric looking so happy. As for the dog, no, don't ship it home to me. But maybe check with Dixie. She might know who he belongs to.
... .

Anonymous said...

I live on the street behind you - Raphael Square. I see that dog all the time at the house on the inside corner of Raphael and Michael.
So good to see that your son is improving so quickly.
hv