kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V is for VooDoo Experience -- #atozchallenge

In Louisiana, V is for Voodoo and of course, there's a festival for that.

This festival does not celebrate the actual practice of voodoo. No gris-gris bags or cloth dolls stuck with pins. Well, I suppose there may be some vendors . . . But the Voodoo Experience is an annual New Orleans festival that features art and "high octane" (aka hard rock/heavy metal) music over or around Halloween. This year's event takes place October 28-30. With Halloween as a seasonal backdrop, most festival-goers attend in costume. Festivities take place at New Orleans City Park.



The 2016 line-up has not yet been released, but past performers include Ozzy Osbourne, KISS, Marilyn Manson, Pearl Jam, Muse, Neil Young, Calvin Harris, Skrillex and Nine Inch Nails. 

I'll not be attending this event -- not my scene. But it is yet another example of the rich, diverse culture that defines Louisiana.

What genres of music do you enjoy?

4 comments:

betty said...

I have to agree, not my scene either!

betty
http://viewsfrombenches.blogspot.com/

Common Household Mom said...

I never ever would have guessed there is a festival called Voodoo Experience. My musical tastes are far afield from the festival performers you mentioned. Is there festival for Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms?

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

Not that I'm aware of, CHM.

Frank DiCesare said...

Ozzy is the only act I'd be interested in. I'd listen to one or two songs and leave. So I think I'll also pass on this one. I'm more of a classic rock fan.