kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Piano Lessons

Eric started piano lessons today. His teacher, Ms. Ashworth, said he did very well for his first lesson, and Eric said he enjoyed it. He does have a gift for music and he's determined to use it in any way he can. The boys took piano lessons when they were five but didn't stick with it long. I'm so glad we hung on to the piano all these years.

Post-piano lesson Sonic snack . . . a vanilla cone and a lime cream slush.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

`Where's the protein today? Gotta keep that weight up!! I took piano lessons when I was young, a little older than 5. I wish I had a piano now but don't know when I would have time to practice and play. You are really exploring all options of music, Eric. Bravo for you!!

bev

Common Household Mom said...

I love piano! Is it the only instrument gets classified as both string and percussion?

My son also took piano when he was small and quit at about age 10. He didn't like the teacher. Now we have a teacher that he likes, and he's loving it. His favorite is Scott Joplin ragtime. Good stuff. Enjoy it, Eric!

Mindy Blanchard said...

I'm so jealous. I can't wait to learn to play the piano. (We were not musically inclined in my family though my sister and I were in the church choir when I was young. Tackling the piano is next on my list. Keep it up Eric! Good job!

Mindy