kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Friday, September 28, 2012

Art Gallery Promenade, 2012

Each year around this time, the Arts and Humanities Council of Southwest Louisiana sponsors the Gallery Promenade. (For more info, click here.) A dozen or more art venues open their doors from 5-9 p.m. this evening. Art enthusiasts can stroll from one gallery to another. As is so much of the fun stuff in Lake Charles, the event is free. Each gallery or museum showcases several artists' work. Often, there's food and music featured, as well.

I've been enamored with the eclectic art community here in town since arriving in 2007. I scrolled through the archives and found a post from 2009 on my appreciation of the various cultural venues. You can read it here. It's shocking to me how much my boys have changed and grown up over the past three years. And Stellar Beans is still a great coffee shop!

No comments: