kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Monday, November 30, 2009

Lost Without My Laptop

As anyone who might be accustomed to working on a laptop might know, you get used to it. I didn't even realize what an appendage mine had become until it fizzled out a few weeks ago. Completely fried. And I miss it. Terribly. As if I'd lost an arm or something. Now I'm limited to the family desktop. I'm not happy. The keyboard is slightly different, so I'm making tons of typos. The desk chair is uncomfortable and squeaks like a chorus of mice. Speaking of mice, the mouse moves erratically and is difficult to control. I can't walk around the house or outside with the desktop. And I've got deadlines to meet, emails to send, blogs to post, newsletters to read . . . the Dell confirmation letter states my new LT should arrive December 4th. It's amazing the many different ways God tries to teach me patience.

No comments: