kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Friday, August 10, 2012

Flashback Friday -- Taxi Driver

I had to laugh at myself when I came across this post from 2009, where I lamented the role of taxi driver to two busy teenagers, but expressed concern that they would one day have their drivers' licenses, which from a parent's perspective, brings a whole new stress of its own. Because now they both do indeed have their licenses! And I no longer have to schlep them around as much as I used to. It gives me pause to ponder all the different stages of parenthood. I can honestly say I have loved and enjoyed each chapter, but when it has passed, I've been happy to embrace the next phase.

My boys are high school seniors now. I am presently on the brink of the letting go phase. And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

No comments: