kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow in the Forecast!

My Yankee friends would get a kick out of the hub bub here right now. It might snow two inches tonight! Truly, this is big news. Assuming it will snow, it will break the record for the earliest snowfall. And didn't it just snow once last year? It's practically unheard of for it to snow two years in a row. Some events have been cancelled. School let out at noon today, in anticipation of icy roads this afternoon. Folks part and say, "Drive safe!" To which I eavesdropped a reply, "I know, I'm scared to death." But honestly, the concern is not unwarranted. There are people here who have never driven on snowy icy roads. Most everyone's tires are bald. There's no such thing as a salt or cinder truck. Or a snowplow. Cause they (normally) aren't needed. Though I did hear on the news that they'll put "chemicals" on the bridges if it gets bad. If a road becomes icy, they simply close it. And tell people to stay home. Sounds good to me. We're putting our Christmas tree up tonight. Maybe a little fire in the fireplace. Hot cocoa. Christmas music. And maybe I'll have some "winter" pictures for you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

Your plan to tree + hot cocoa sound cozy and New Englandish. Enjoy!