kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Monday, July 22, 2013

Foot Surgery Recovery, Post-Op One Month, Three Days

Went back to the doctor today. They took some x-rays of my left foot, and I. Am. Out. Of. The. Boot!! Oh, happy day. The doctor says it looks good and has healed well.

I have to wear supportive tennis shoes for the next month. No bare feet or flip flops for at least that long. And I can now get back to the gym! Maybe the stationary bike, to start. "Slowly at first," he said. "Until you see how it feels." I will be there tomorrow!

I was so excited upon leaving the doctor's office, I celebrated by going to Orange Leaf Fro-Yo. You can read about how much I love that place here. (This was a post from a couple years ago, before they opened the Nelson Rd. shop in Lake Charles.) I love that stuff!

As eager as I was to lose the cumbersome clunky straight jacket for feet, I admit, I was a tad apprehensive at the thought of walking on my still-recovering foot without the boot. I imagined my foot to be fragile. That it might break if I stepped on it. Or that it would hurt. But it didn't. Though it does feel awkward. Like my foot doesn't know what to think, not having to lug that weight around. It's certainly a period of transition, but also an incredible feeling of freedom. What a relief!

Thank you, Dr. Tyson Green. You made my day.

2 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! This is great news.

Jessica Ferguson said...

Glad you're out of the boot. Follow doc's orders and don't over-do.

I love Orange Leaf too. We went to one here in Yukon after church Sunday night. Yum!