kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Larry's Old Time Trade Days -- Winnie, Texas

What comes to mind when you think of Winnie, Texas? For some, it’s the highway 10 exit that heads south on the way to Galveston. For others, it’s the halfway mark between Lake Charles and Houston, and thus a great place to stop for gas, snacks, and facilities. For me and a great group of friends last Friday, it was home to “Larry’s Old Time Trade Days,” or in other words, a giant flea market. We spent around seven hours looking at more stuff than I ever knew I wanted to see. Loads of antiques, which I love, plenty of jewelry, lawn ornaments . . .


. . . plants, arts and crafts, and odds and ends of pretty much anything you can imagine. And an enticing food court, to boot. It’s a lot of fun, just walking around, looking at stuff, finding bargains – I bought a pair of gloves and reading glasses for a buck each – but exhausting. Despite my most comfy shoes, my feet were killing me by the end of the day.

These pretty hair clips were a big hit with us girls.


Where else can you find taxidermied camo-clad deer driving a jeep? Just what you always wanted, huh.





Have you been to Larry’s or do you have a favorite flea market?

No comments: