kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh, When the Saints Go Marching . . . to Miami!

I've been getting a kick out of all the Super Bowl hype around here. Coming from Pittsburgh, where Super Bowl hoopla isn't that uncommon, it's special, seeing people so excited that their team is, finally, for the first time, going to the Super Bowl. After 43 years. It's a big deal! The Saints have such a history as a losing team. Not that long ago, they were nicknamed the "Aints" and the few fans attending games wore bags over their heads. I'm glad to be here to witness a successful year. A redemption, so to speak.

The whole "Who Dat" thing amuses me. We're called the Who Dat nation. Who Dat stems from a chat, as well as a song, that says Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints. As you can tell from this 1983 video, the Who Dat thing has been around a long time.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and routing for the Saints!

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

A football redemption! I love it! The song and the video are lots of fun. I am rooting for The Saints, all the way.