kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2014

I've read many thoughts and memories of September 11 on Facebook today. So I'm re-posting my own account here, first published on this blog on 9/11/11, the 10th anniversary of that day.

I've not been to the 9/11 Memorial in New York, but my friend Carolyn was there recently. See her thoughts and photos here.

We do have a beautiful 9/11 Memorial right here in Lake Charles, near the Civic Center and Bord du Lac. These are two beams from the Twin Tower wreckage, set to look like the towers. There is a brightly-colored tile mosaic circling the beams, which are hard to see in this photo.



Feel free to post your 9/11 reflections in the comments.

No comments: