kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The New Place in Town -- Pint House Pizzeria

I enjoy trying out new restaurants in town. The latest in Lake Charles is the Pint House Pizzeria on Broad St.


This piece of real estate has been occupied by several establishments in the seven years I've been here. They never last too long. The Happy Hippy was a pizza joint. Then Dharma. Not sure what that was like -- it was so short lived, I didn't make it there before it closed. But the Pint House got off to a good start, in my opinion, simply by very tastefully renovating the space. It looks great! The exposed brick and freshly painted tin ceiling give the place a historic feel. The red walls are warm and inviting.


In the back, they offer a dozen or so tempting gelatos, made on the premises. More on that below.


They specialize in gourmet pizzas in either 12 or 18 inches. Fourteen varieties are offered on the menu, but you can special order a creation of your own. Unique toppings include duck, beef filet, blueberries, pulled pork, clams, scallops, shrimp and salmon.


Because Andrew doesn't eat much meat, we ordered the Herbi, a vegetarian pizza with red sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, sundried tomatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and artichoke hearts. It was very good!

This is Andrew impatiently waiting while Mom says, "Wait, we have to take a picture first!" *click*


*click*


And of course, dessert. I had an awesome chocolate cherry gelato. The boys ordered tiramisu and another coffee flavor. They also offer specialty sodas, shakes, and malts.


When a restaurant first opens, often there can be a learning curve regarding staff. I had heard they had a few service issues initially. But it seems they now have the kinks worked out. I highly recommend the Pint House. They do not have a website, but you can find them on Facebook.

Have you tried any new interesting restaurants lately?

6 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

Looks like a nice place, and it is innovative thinking to put blueberries on a pizza. Your son's preference for no meat balances out my son's preference for mostly meat, no veggies. Sigh.

Jessica Ferguson said...

We may check it out. That pizza looks pretty good, but I'd add black and green olives. :) Good to know they offer something vegetarian!

Unknown said...

We went last week and enjoyed it! We had the "Black Tie Affair" with shrimp and salmon. Who would have thought? Interesting beer selections as well! Here's to Pint House Pizza becoming a successful business downtown!

Kevin Craig said...

The Pint House may have a sister restaurant - Mercurio's on Walnut Street in Shadyside. Gourmet wood-fired pizzas, bruchetta to die for, and homemade gelato in an assortment of flavors. Not to mention great service and atmosphere. It's on Walnut Street in Shadyside.

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

CHM, yes, I've been blessed with boys who haven't been picky eaters, not too much anyway. Jess, I love olives, too! Sarah, I'll have to try that seafood one. And I hope the place thrives. Kevin, I'll have to try Mercurio's next time I'm in Pgh.

Unknown said...

Hello!
I am with the convention and Visitors Bureau! Would you mind if I used a couple of you Pint House images to include on their listing at www.visitlakecharles.org? I am trying to build them a free listing to help promote them. You can contact me at aorr@visitlakecharles.org.
thanks!