kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Friday, March 30, 2012

Flashback Friday

Over theses past years, I've written several hundred posts. Sometimes I like to go back and read about what I was doing or thinking a year or two or three ago. So I've decided to start a weekly Flashback Friday, where I'll share favorite posts from my archives.

Today's flashback reminds me of my fascination with the French Cajun culture. Since my arrival in SWLA, I've been intrigued by the unique surnames -- names I'd never heard of before moving to Louisiana. I'm as curious about local last names now as I was two years ago. Read that post here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea, Angie.

Common Household Mom said...

Maybe you have lived there long enough now that you can publish a pronunciation guide for relocated Northerners!

Angie said...

CHM, yes, I'm getting better at prounouncing names and words.