kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July! We went into town this evening for the Red, White, Blue, and You celebration; a parade, concert, and fireworks. I had hoped to post a patriotic family photo, but my camera battery died before we could take it.

Independence Day. I'd like to claim independence. I want to embrace independence from some ingrained habits that waste my time and pre-occupy my mind, decreasing my productivity. In other words, I want to write more.

Yesterday was Eric's last day for occupational therapy. But his physical therapist Kim wants to continue seeing him once a week, mostly to keep him on track, but also to see if we can wean the amount of oxygen he uses with exercise. Heavy exertion is the only time he uses O2 now.

Bob was off yesterday, so for Eric's post-PT snack (definitely more like a meal), we went to O'Charlie's restaurant. They have great food.

Eric's post-fireworks Sonic snack . . . grape limeade and tots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to read that you had a good day. we had a good day too. the only thing that would have made it better would be if you and your family would have been there. Praying that Eric gets well enough to not need the O2.
love you all ... m