kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dad's Visit--Day 2

I swear, we've had more rain in the past two days since my dad came than we've had all summer long. Especially today. Pouring, most all day. Figures, when I want to take him sightseeing.

At least the resaurants are open. Post-Shakespeare class lunch today . . . Darrell's Po'Boys. My Lake Charles readers know, Darrell's is THE place to go for Louisiana po'boys.

Speaking of Shakespeare, the boys are rehearsing their lines for Friday's performance. Eric's playing Hamlet and Andrew is (you could guess) Romeo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh YES, i could guess! My handsome Andrew would be Romeo! the perfect choice.
Take lots of pictures, please.
... m

Aunt Lisa said...

Wish I could see the play!

Common Household Mom said...

It usually rains whenever my son is at Scout camp, which is where he is this week! Of course, he's not in Loooziana, but still...

Romeo: But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Julia is the sun (that's our version anyway).

I hope you get a clear day for sight-seeing. I wish I could see the theater presentations.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your dad is getting to experience the wonders of rain in Southwest LA. I got to drive in it in Westlake and Moss Bluff today. I gave Hillene a ride to Renee's for lunch. I think I got my restaurants mixed up. You would not have had a po boy at Cajun Cafe but at Darrel's. Oh well, it must be the rain effect.

Hope tomorrow lets you do more sightseeing. Also, would love to see the boys in their plays. Bring pictures next week to lunch.

bev