kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Rikenjaks Brewing Company

Rikenjaks Brewing Company in Lake Charles is open for business! This much anticipated brew pub had beer enthusiasts on the edge of their bar stool for several months. But their home brews Old Hard Head and Contraband Brown Ale were worth the wait.



Supposedly they are still in their "soft opening" stage. But the place has been packed most every night for weeks; both inside the cozy bar and outside on the patio by the outdoor bar.



Because they're so busy, the wait for food requires some patience. But on a recent visit, my family and I didn't mind because there's this crazy fun outdoor game area. And there's live music to listen to.




We've only been there once so far to eat, but I think the food is good. The kids had burgers and Bob and I had fish tacos.


And here's my new favorite beer, Old Hard Head.


Out of town friends and family, come visit me and I'll take you to this fun place for good food and beer. (Locals, I know you've all already been there.)

Located at 3716 Ryan St., Lake Charles, and online at rikenjaks.com


No comments: