kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Free Fishing Weekend


Once every year, the folks in charge of fishing in Louisiana host a free fishing weekend, meaning one may fish without a fishing license, without fear of citation. I do not have a fishing license, so I enjoy taking advantage of this event. I fished on this weekend last year, too. I didn’t catch anything then, and yesterday was equally disappointing. Bob and I used both a lure and really old frozen shrimp. But not a single fish took the bait.

 
I suspect those Wildlife and Fisheries people send out a memo. “Don’t bite! They didn’t pay for it!”

 
Fishing reminds me of my father. When I was young, Dad took me fishing quite often. Fond memories. I don’t think I have a photo of me fishing with Dad, but here’s one of Dad and my sons. We went fishing with him in the spring 2007, just prior to moving to Louisiana.

 
It’s a week away, but Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
How about you? Did you go fishin’ this weekend? What did you catch?

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

You may not have caught any fish, but you got some beautiful photos!

That's a sweet one of your Dad with the boys when they were younger.