kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lake Charles' Spring Art Walk


My regular readers know I love the arts community in Lake Charles. The artists here love to share their work with the general public. Never is this more true and evident than in the Spring and Fall Art Walks. Twice a year, downtown galleries, museums, and businesses that support the arts open their doors on a Friday evening for a giant arts-oriented open house. It’s a fun party atmosphere.  Several blocks of Ryan Street are closed to vehicle traffic for the festivities. Many of the establishments offer hors d’oeuvres and refreshing adult beverages.

 
One of my many favorite local artists is Imogene Dewey. Love her watercolors. You can see more of her work here.

 
 
 
I also love watercolorist Sue Zimmerman’s work. She was indoors at Old City Hall. It was very crowded there and she was talking to a bunch of people and I didn’t get a chance to say Hi or take any photos. Just as well – I always gush and embarrass myself. Check out her website here.

The Art Walks are also great opportunities for new artists to meet the public and showcase their wares. This is my sweet friend Mischelle Jasken. I love the way her shirt matches the glazes on her exquisite pottery.

 
 
Even the flowers and landscaping in Lake Charles are colorful works of art.


No comments: