kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012 at the Pintail Wildlife Drive


So, it’s Mother's Day. The one day of the year I am guaranteed to do most anything I want to do. Today was a beautiful day, so naturally, I wanted to be outdoors. I wanted to explore a park I’ve never been to before. I wanted to walk. I wanted to find wildflowers. I settled on the Pintail Wildlife Drive, a 3-mile car path through marsh grass in Cameron Parish. I’ve been there before, several times. But they recently added a boardwalk, and I hadn’t been there since its completion. Pintail is part of the scenic Creole Nature Trail.


We saw plenty of wildflowers.




Pintail is a great place to bird watch.













My favorite wading bird is the roseate spoonbill. I was thrilled to see a couple spoonbills at Pintail today!







It’s a great place to spy alligators, too! We initially kept tabs on how many we saw, but quickly lost count.




How did you spend your Mother's Day?

3 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

Beautiful! (Well, I could do without the alligator.) The boardwalk looks like it goes clear to Iowa! I'm so glad you got to go outside today. It was a rainy day here.

GerdieMom said...

Beautiful Ang!!!

Angie said...

Thanks, Lis and CHM!