kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lake Charles Civic Ballet presents Rudolph


I attended Lake Charles Civic Ballet’s production of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer last weekend. One word comes to mind – DELIGHTFUL. The colorful costumes and charming sets really brought the story to life, as did, of course, the wonderful dancers. Scene to scene, the show was pure fun. And a refreshing change from the season’s standard Nutcracker. All the dancers did a great job, but I really enjoyed seeing Gabby Saucier in the spotlight. Hard to believe this talented young lady is only in 8th grade.


Gabby’s sister Addie beautifully danced the role of the Snow Queen.


I’ve seen several productions by this ballet company, and they are all wonderful, but this was my favorite so far. Can’t wait till March 17 to see Sleeping Beauty! Watch the LCCB website for ticket info.





Many thanks to my guest photographer Cameron Durham! Read my post about Cameron on the ballet blog here. Check out Cameron’s awesome photography on his website here.

No comments: