kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bling

Anyone who knows me knows I’m not real big into jewelry. But I do enjoy accessorizing every now and then, if I think of it. For me to appreciate jewelry, a piece ideally has to meet any combination of the following criteria; unique or one of a kind, vintage, sentimental, and lovely. So, every once in awhile, I’ll discover a bracelet or bauble which thoroughly delights me. Such was the case last Saturday morning at the Lake Charles farmers’ market.

Artist Nancy Pierce creates bracelets and wind chimes out of antique spoons and forks. I found her work enchanting, and I knew I wouldn’t leave the market without a purchase. But oh, the decisions. Agonizing, actually, because I loved them all. First, I chose a bracelet. They’re all beautiful. And they clasp with a magnet, which, as any woman with only two hands knows, is brilliant. Then I chose a charm to accompany it. So many to choose from! After a ridiculously long deliberation, I decided on this. I love the moon. Guess it’s the Aquarius in me.


I also bought this wind chime, because I adore dragonflies. And bright colors.

Ms. Nancy designs and makes her creations from her country home in the Longview/Ragley area. I wish I’d taken a few photos at her booth, but I was so enamored with her wares, I forgot all about my camera. I don’t think she has a website, but she calls her business All Forked Up and she can be reached at allforkedupbraceletes@gmail.com

What kind of jewelry do you like?

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

Beautiful! I love your choice of bracelet. So clever of her to make them out of spoons and forks. I am partial to earrings myself.