kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

kayaking on Loch Leven near Glencoe, Scotland, 2018

Monday, January 19, 2009

Steelers


Here we go! Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl! As I'm sure you all know (well, at least my Pittsburgh friends know), the Steelers beat the Ravens last night, 23-14. We had our friends, the Duttons, over for a little playoff party. I made some traditional Pittsburgh fare; pierogies and Primanti Brothers-style sandwiches. I baked some pizzelles with my new pizzelle iron (thanks, Mom.) I looked for IC Light, but couldn't find any around here. Oh well. My favorite play was when Polamalu made an interception and zigzaged down the field for a touchdown. Incredible! My least favorite part of the game was when Clark collided at max speed with opponent McGahee and about snapped that poor Raven's head off.

February 1st-Tampa-Pittsburgh and Arizona-We'll be watching!

5 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

YESSSSSS!!!!!! I really hope we win, because we got a day off of school last time.

Mindy Blanchard said...

Sports? What is that? lol

Well, I have no idea what you are talking about as I do not share your love of the game...or any game for that matter.

But I know team spirit when I see it, so GO ANGIE'S TEAM GO!

Min

Shannon said...

We were in New Orleans over the weekend and caught a little bit of the game during dinner one night--I was thinking about y'all during the game. It was a good game. And I always root for the Steelers. Like many in Louisiana, I started doing that back in the Terry Bradshaw days.

Common Household Mom said...

We watched the game (unusual for us) and enjoyed it, despite the fact that we didn't have any football-watching food (but better for our waistlines that way). I think the Steelers took full advantage of being "home". But I sure did feel sorry for McGahee when he went down. I hope he's okay.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll put my two cents in and say... I can only get excited when LSU plays and when I'm watching Friday Night Lights. ;-) Mannnnn, that coach is a cutie!