Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
We went to the Lake Charles Christmas parade today. (60 degrees and sunny) Andrew and Eric rode on our church's float. This photo of First Presbyterian's float was taken at last year's Christmas parade.
Oh, the pageantry. The parade marshall was followed by the Harley Club. What a lot of bikes. Looked like fun. Soon after came our mayor, Randy Roach. There were high school marching bands, cajun bands, radio station vans. Floats carried a brownie troop, the Little League champs, church groups, daycares, and festival queens. Candy and colorful beads flew from every float. There were a couple pirate ships, practicing for Contraband Days, I guess. And naturally, Santa followed behind in a firetruck. Merry Christmas!
Friday, December 5, 2008
In response to Louisiana being deemed the unhealthiest state in the country, I've tried to come up with a list of reasons why La. could potentially be healthy and beneficial.
- Despite skin cancer risks, sunshine is good for you, all that vitamin D. Just be sure to wear the sunscreen.
- Spicy food clears the sinuses. Pass the Tabasco and Tony's!
- The slower pace of a southern lifestyle means less stress. Is it nap time yet?
- Warmer weather means longer growing seasons and more locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables. I love farmers' markets.
- What's not to like about fresh seafood.